LABIO Oy provides a service for treating bio-waste and wastewater sludge that is environmentally friendly, supply secure and flexible. Thanks to the combined composting and gas production as much a 98% of the raw material supplied can be utilized. The final products can be availed of entirely (100 %), either as a compost product or as renewable energy.
• Established in 2003 (operated up to the year 2013 under the name Kujalan Komposti Oy).
• Owners: Lahti Aqua Ltd. 60 % and Päijät-Häme Waste Management Ltd. (PHJ) 40 %.
• The largest producer and refining plant of biogas for transport in Finland, in cooperation with Gasum
• the total area of the plant is 11 931 m²
• the total processing capacity of the plant is to deal with 80 000 tons a year
• there has been a processing service since 2005 without a single stoppage day